Date Posted: September 28, 2017
Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd. is a full-service geo-environmental consulting and remediation firm that provides environmental and engineering solutions to a wide range of industrial, government and public sector clients. A growing professional consulting firm, Nichols Environmental continues to expand our operations throughout Western Canada and requires a qualified individual to join our team.
A winning attitude as well as a flexible approach and diversity of experience will provide you with an excellent opportunity to expand your career at Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd.
Our civil geotechnical group, based in the Edmonton head office, is looking for a Civil Engineer / Engineering Technologist. Ideally the candidates will have 1 to 5 years’ experience, however, new graduates will be considered. The successful candidate should have the following:
- A technical school diploma from a Civil Engineering Technology program (various disciplines);
- Able to work independently and meet critical deadlines;
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Experience using GPS survey equipment, AutoCAD and Civil 3D are beneficial;
- Able to write technical reports effectively and efficiently;
- Registration with either APEGA or ASET; and
- A willingness to learn and work in a team environment.
- Conduct investigative drilling for geotechnical and environmental projects;
- Conduct survey work including topographical surveys, construction layout and as-built pick-up;
- Complete site inspections for quality assurance at ongoing construction projects;
- Provide design and drafting support using Civil 3D for earthworks design;
- Provide assistance to field staff and project managers;
- Liaise with fellow employees and project managers;
- Liaise with third party contractors including, but not limited to, contractors, labs and regulatory authorities; and
- Complete Data Entry and other administrative duties as required.
Safety training such as First Aid and CPR would be considered an asset. Any geotechnical, surveying, drainage infrastructure design or earthmoving experience would also be considered an asset.
Nichols Environmental will challenge you and work with you to further develop your strengths. There is significant growth potential within the company for the right individual. We encourage all candidates to browse our Website at www.nicholsenvironmental.com. Salary and benefits are comensurate with qualifications and experience. Please forward your resume in confidence quoting the aforementioned position to:
Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd.
17331 - 107 Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T5S 1E5