Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd. is a full-service geo-environmental consulting and remediation firm that provides environmental and engineering solutions to a wide range of industrial, government and public sector clients. Nichols Environmental continues to expand our operations throughout Western Canada and requires qualified individuals to join our team.
A winning attitude as well as a flexible approach and diversity of experience will provide you with an excellent opportunity to expand your career at Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd.
Our Edmonton head office requires individuals on an immediate, full time (40 hours per week), permanent basis. The successful candidate should have the following:
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety, Occupational Hygiene.
- Certification as a CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional), Registered Occupational ROH (Registered Occupational Hygienist), or CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist) is required.
- Five to ten years of experience in Occupational Hygiene and/or Environmental Health and Safety field, preferably within the consulting industry.
- Time and resource management - ability to provide junior staff with the appropriate direction, guidance, and instructions, maximizing resource allocation.
- Willingness and effort to share technical knowledge and expertise with peers.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow project managers, senior management, clients and fellow staff, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent budgetary skills exercised for the management of projects and resources.
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills - ability to present technical data and theories effectively to staff and clients.
- Valid driver’s license is required (work-related travel will be compensated).
- Experience with conducting Phase I ESAs.
- Ability to travel throughout Alberta and be out of town for extended periods of time.
- Designing, undertaking, overseeing occupational air monitoring programs hazardous materials assessments, abatement programs, noise assessments including, financial analysis, and quality assurance.
- Managing and overseeing projects ensuring a safe, continuous work flow and timely completion, keeping projects on budget.
- Assigning work to employees ensuring projects are staffed with the appropriate expertise.
- Participating in the development of new services and/or related techniques in accordance with Company goals and objectives.
- Client development, marketing and business development activities.
Safety training such as First Aid, CPR, WHMIS, TDG, Ground Disturbance and H2S Alive would also be an asset. Compensation will be based on education and experience.
We will challenge your technical capabilities and allow you to enhance your creativity as one of our Team members. There is significant growth potential within the company for the right individual. We encourage all candidates to browse our Website at www.nicholsenvironmental.com. Please forward your resume in confidence quoting the aforementioned position to:
Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd.
17331 – 107th Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5S 1E5